Get ready to see a lot of this over the coming months. As personal remote control drones become one of the hottest new gadgets of 2015, the inevitable outcome is that plenty of people are going to buy a shiny new drone, rush out to fly it and then realize they have absolutely no idea how to control it. Whilst on some level you have to feel sorry for the people who’ve shelled out over £1000 only to watch their new toy literally go down in smoke, at least we get some entertaining shadenfreude out of their slow, inevitable plummet towards doom. Here’s a selection of the best drone fails so far:
1. Guy buys $3000 drone; immediately crashes it into his house
2. A gentle aerial tour of the grand canyon- Until a bird hits it and sends it tumbling down the canyon
3. Man takes a drone to a Punk Rock show, gets destroyed by the bass player
4. Drone crashes into the beach at the seaside, gets abused by beach kids
5. Whilst chasing a bus, a drone has a nasty collision with a telephone pole
6. Man embarks on an epic journey to save the life of his ailing drone
Drones can be a great hobby, but try and remember some basic safety protocol, check your battery life and most importantly keep some common sense about you so don’t end up like any of these poor souls. Check out MultiRotorUK for some great deals on drones and some sound flying advice.